Friday, July 24, 2009

The struggle for an admission

I have been trying to get an admission for mms/ post graduation in business management..and the whole process has been really frustrating.
First - the wait (the whole process takes almost 8 months), second - the fight for seats (too many students and few seats available) and third -the way the entire process is handled itself causes frustration..(lack of notifications to useless helplines to name a few reasons).

The quota system...I feel maybe there was a need for it at some point of time now its just misused/abused (except quota for the physically challenged). What position merit holds, I have no clue...(im talking about my merit here, consider above average). And the rich get seats, influence also works, the rest have to struggle...

Belonging to a minority community, I had a chance too, but didn't apply for the quota reserved seats. Honestly, I just thought I didn't need a quota seat, thought I will get a seat on the basis of my merit...in a better college.

But I strongly believe we do get another chance... I believe everything happens for a reason. I have got another chance...my last chance (atleast for this year)..I am waiting.




8 comments:

Anonymous said...

So gt ur admission....or stil struggling???

Renita said...

Got it and still struggling...confusing i know but explaining the whole thing will take another post i guess. :)

Anonymous said...

Confusing really...Bt neways...u gt wot u hd been waitin fr...good luck..Achieve ur dreams

Renita said...

not really...thanks anyways.

Anonymous said...

wens ur nex post cumin??...m eager to read...u rite nice...

Renita said...

Thanks again...stay tuned.

nikita said...

truely said bt d struggle vl stil b on....so mayb u shud js wait n watch.....
v hv r merit n wont need influence, money, quotas or nethin bt only r ''merit''
i think ders sumthin amazin waitin 4 us alwaz js dat v shud hv d patience 2 luk 4ward 4 it... keep lukin 4ward!

Renita said...

yup looking forward for the amazing things to happen :)