Monday, August 3, 2009

Friend or Acquaintance ??

Yesterday was Friendship Day.

Back then:
There was a day in my life when I returned home from college with my hand full of bands and messages scribbled on.
My mother found it very amusing ...I told her thats how friendship day was celebrated.
And now:
She asked "ohh, no bands this time?"

Back then:
The whole day was spent at college..tying bands...to so many people...(making new friends)
And now:
Spent the day at home..didn't meet any of my "friends"..spoke to them over the phone.

Back then:
I thought everyone who tied me a friendship band or sent me a message was my friend...or had become my friend.
And now:
I know the difference between a friend and an acquaintance.

I received many messages yesterday...from friends who became acquaintances and from acquaintances who became friends.
My facebook/orkut profile says I have more than 100 friends.....I thought to myself....really??

To my acquaintances: Thank you for coming into my life...for teaching me..for making life a little easier at some point...and above all for not forgetting me.
To my friends: Thank you for being my friends.

2 comments:

nikita said...

really true...ders a huge difference between a frnd & an acquaintance... bt i cn say dis 4 myself i'v alwaz been wid n arnd frnds only n so i think i cn count d no. of frnds i hv on my fingers.... ppl cal me weird 4 dat bt its ok
newaz i hope i'm in ur frnds list!!!!

Renita said...

hmm...
u know it :)